Friday, August 28, 2009

Nicaragua: último día... No quiero regresar

I leave San Juan del Sur in a couple of hours and it sucks. I should be a viajera artesana like the guys I was hanging out with yesterday. They mostly all had university degrees and decided that life in an office with a boss and multiple obligations wasn't the way to go. Sometimes I think they are absolutely right. They don't have a lot but they always have a smile on. Doesn't that say everything? I have to plan my next trip when I get home and really improve my Spanish.

After breakfast, I went to say goodbye to the beach. The rays were there once again. There was one that was coming so close to the shore, I thought it would get stuck. I did a little research on them in the middle of the night. Might as well be productive while one cannot sleep! So my result is that they are Longnose Eagle Rays, hense the jumping out of the water and not hiding in the sand. But they do also posess that venomous tail spine that can inflict somekind of pain.

At noon, Armando came to pick me up at the hotel. He's the same guy that picked me up at the airport 2 weeks ago. We were 4 in the van to make our way back to Managua. A young guy from New York sat in the front seat. He spoke some Spanish but his English accent was so terrible that poor Armando kept on asking me what he was saying. I think the guy just gave up after a while and I also think that he had problems understanding Armando. The other 2 people were a young couple from Ottawa. We talked for a while but they were sitting way in the back and, being in the middle, I had to turn around to talk to them. That just made me seriously puky after a while. So in the end, the van was really quiet for about 2 hours. By chance I was the last one to be dropped off at her hotel. Armando said he did it on purpose because he knew I would enjoy going around Managua.

Now I'm in my new room, it's appropriately seriously raining outside, I'm writing emails and such, and trying my best not to think about my impending departure...

No comments: