Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nicaragua: penúltimo día

So traveling alone can sometimes be a little lonesome but travelling alone also gives you the opportunity to encounter people and do things you otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to do. This morning I chilled until noon. Last night I was invited for lunch at my Spanish artesano friend's place. I had an idea how to get there but trying to avoid a group of people, I took a wrong turn that led to nowhere. Being me, when I walk I try and salute people nicely. So when I backtracked my steps, of saw again this guy sitting under a tree with his 79-year-old dad. They stopped me and we started talking. It was really nice. The dad was a little bit difficult to understand given he had no upper teeth whatsoever. People here are so happy to talk with people who are trying to learn Spanish and they are really patient with all the dumb mistakes I make. So we talked for quite a long time because I got to my friends house around 2 pm. I missed lunch but there was some gazpacho left which was yummy. So we sat around, with a couple other artesanos from Argentina talking about culture differences and drinking maté. I was pretty excited to taste maté since the only place I had heard about it was in the Che's biography.

No comments: