Friday, August 21, 2009

Nicaragua: day 5

Yesterday was a little different from the others. I had my normal 4 hour class but I also had an extra 2 hours after lunch. The reason is that this morning there is a special exam being given to a very advance group of students who came here just to take it. So, that will be in the morning and then I'll have my very last 2 hours of classes. :(
Two of those students stayed here and we had supper with them last night. The interesting thing is that Spanish was pretty much the only language all of us had in common. They were a Japanese girl and a German guy, who by the way really rubbed me the wrong way. It took him about 10 minutes to make my black list. The Japanese girl, who spoke close-to-perfect Spanish was saying she was nervous about the exam because she has a lot of difficulty writing the language. Well the idiot was on her case saying how he couldn't understand because it's just sooo easy. He only shut he's pie hole when she said she's still wrestling with the alphabet. I think only then he realized where she was coming from and that Japanese and Spanish are two extremely different languages.

Now the day is over and I finished all of my classes. :( I'm a little bummed. Also, I lost my fellow student who left early this morning for the weekend. Bummer again. So I'm kind of left alone to entertain myself. Tomorrow, after taking my laundry to the laundry shop, I'll go hang out at the beach in the morning and then maybe go into one of these bars that are open to the outside to continue studying (or just return to the beach). I know, it's pretty much impossible to feel bad for me. I'm not whining I'm just stating facts! A veces, la vida esta buenísima.

No comments: