Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nicaragua: day 7

Yesterday was a nice and long day. I started by taking my laundry to the lavanderia around 8 am to make sure I had it back that same night since they are closed on Sundays. Then I walked the whole beach for about an hour. I had just too many things with me to leave my stuff on the beach and jump in the water. So I just sat on my towel for the whole morning, reading and people watching. A bit after 11 am I went back to the school and took a shower. When I came out for lunch, to my surprise, there was a new student that had just arrived. He's a Britt that doesn't really have any Spanish and is here for one month!!! Lucky guy. He wants to learn a bit of Spanish for the rest of his trip (because yes, he is not finished travelling after this month of lessons).
After lunch, we went to town were we parted ways after a couple of bebidas. I just had to get in the water and had prepared myself acordingly by hardly bringing anything with me. There was a ton of people at the beach in the afternoon. Aparently, SJDS is the weekend getaway for quite a few rich people from Managua. I stayed in the water long enough to get the tip of my fingers all rinkled and to get my little pile of stuff soaked by the incoming tide. The waves could have been a little bit more present but it was pretty nice. I even got to practice my Spanish with this Columbian guy from NY, that was on vacacion with his family.
After supper, the Britt and I decided to go for a drink. Man does this town ever morph on Saturday nights!!!!
There was at the very least 3 times the amount of people I've seen during the week. I had a pretty good time. We ran into a group of people he stayed with in Granada and ended up partying with them until the wee hours of the morning and all for about 30$.

Today, I'm leaving the school. I'm a little bummed about it but am also looking forward to a decent shower. I really wanted to stay in this hostel but there was no rooms left. So I ended up in this hotel but the good thing is that it's right on the beach.

1 comment:

Marico Renaud said...

Senorita,
Que tu écris bien la langue de Shakespeare! Style intelligent, sensible et fantaisiste! Vocabulaire et tournures de phrase qui m'ont bien amusée! Profite de la mer, du soleil (avec crème), des "Cuba Libre" et de la musique!
Hâte de te relire.