Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nicaragua: day 2

I'm just at the end of my second day here and I'm still pinching myself. I can't beleive I'm here. Not only that, but I can walk around and chitchat with anyone and we understand each other!!!! Yay!
So far, we've had full days. Get up at 6am, breakfast at 7am, class at 8am untill noon, then it's lunch, homework, somekind of activity and then back for supper. However, yesterday I walked around town after lunch, looking for a place to stay for my second week. I really had fun doing that because it gave me another oppotunity to practice my Spanish. Once I found a place, I went to this bar on the beach to do my homework. Again I had a chance to practice more with the server when I decided to strike up a conversation with him.
Also the weather has been frightenly perfect given that it should be the rainy season here. My teacher says she has never seen a winter this dry. There is a river right by the school that should connect with the ocean but as it is, it's about 500 meters short.
Tomorrow our activity will be horseback riding... Yeah... I could do without that. Putting my weight on a scrawny horse in this scortching hot weather just makes me feel guilty. There is absolutely no fun in it for me. But hey, I go with the flow.

No comments: