Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nicaragua: day 3

This morning I woke up to a rainstorm. According to one of the teachers, it was the first time it rained since June. Unfortunately, for the farmers and nature, it only rained until 10am.
It rained a tiny little bit more during the horse ride through the forest. I was hoping it would last more than the two minutes it did because it actually was refreshing and the poor horses were sweating like crazy. But thankfully they were not morbidly skinny like other ones I've seen.
After the ride, me and my fellow student chilled at the school and goofed around with the director's kid, Alanito. Quite the rowdy 6-year-old who atempted to teach me karate after trying to pulverize the other student while wearing his batman cape.
After supper, which was again pretty awesome, we decided to go back to a bar to do our homework. But today we picked a different one with better lighting and mellower music.
Oh and note to the connaisseurs, I finally realized that they sell salsa Lizano here tambien! Que suerte!!!!
So tomorrow I have to go back in "town" to do a few things and I will go buy some Lizano at the same time.

2 comments:

Marico Renaud said...

Lizano hein? J'espère bien avoir l'occasion de l'expérimenter! Bonne continuation de voyage.
Bisous

Marie-Terre said...

Go to a bar to do homework.... Hmmmm
We're homeschooling and you would be barschooling ;)