Monday, August 24, 2009

Nicaragua: day 8... I think

I'm loosing count of the days I've been here. To me that's a very good sign.
Yesterday I moved to my new location. It's ok but for the price they charge, I expected quite a bit more. It is not remotely close to the hype they make it out to be on there website. AND... This morning there's a freakishly oversized black spider in my shower. I didn't kill it cause it's just going to make a really gross mess under my poor little flipflop and in the process, make me want to puke. My friend is arriving later this afternoon so hopefully it will still be in the same spot and hopefully, she won't have a problem killing it with one of her own shoes.
The really nice thing about the hotel is that it's restaurant is right across the street hence, on the beach. I had supper there last night and was entertained by this spectacular sunset on the ocean. I will defenetely try and take a picture of that before I leave... If I leave. :)

I think that today will be a beach day. I tried to stay out of the sun yesterday due to being slightly sunburned. But so far, the sky is somewhat overcast and I plan on being more vigilant with the sunscreen. The vigilance is a little difficult for me due to the fact that I have a tendency to stay in the water for hours on end.


We'll my beach morning was cut a little short due to the visit of quite a few rays. Just as I was getting use to sharing the water with them, this local dude told everyone he could, to get out of the water because he said that these rays have this thorn that can really cut you. On the up side, the maid totally took care of my uninvited guest! A shout out to maids everywhere!

No comments: