Saturday, January 10, 2009

On Hold?

I am booked to go back to Costa Rica next week but now I don't know if it's on hold or not. There was a major earthquake two days ago. The center of the quake was some 35 km north-east of San José, so I'm not sure what it means for the area where I'm suppose to go, which is farther south-west. I've never really felt an earthquake so I have no idea of the area it can cover. I've sent emails to the couple of people I know that live there (in completely different areas) and I got no response. Which makes me think that things are not good. I emailed the girl with whom I booked the trip and her answer was that she talked to someone over there on that day and there was no mention of an earthquake... Is it just me or is that answer really irrelevant?! The quake lasted around 40 seconds I think. Ok let's say 1 minutes for the sake of argument. Isn't there a lot more minutes in one day??? Lady, go on the web and check it out for yourself if you don't believe me!

No comments: