Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Countdown: 24 days!

Today I got some more news from the organizers for my Costa Rrrrica trip. There is two different programs in that country, one in the forest and one closer to the beach. For some reason, there was a group of college-age kids that decided to switch from the forest program to the other one, and it seems to have started a chain reaction. So, in the end, we will be two "tourists" for the week in the forest program plus the coordinator (I think that's all the English speaking people). The nice lady from Globe Aware asked me if I wanted to switch programs and I said no. I go with what life throws at me and learn what I need to learn. I am scared of a lot of things but a sheep, I have never ever been.

I also learned that my meet up point was now a different one, as of today (I think). That means canceling a reservation to the backpacking hostel and make a new reservation the some inn a little ways away. I got the info that my partner in crime will also be arriving a day early in San Jose and spending the night at that same inn. I'll try to hook up via email before hand. It would be fun (not to mention more reassuring) to go visit the city with company.

You know what? All these changes are making me a little nervous but, at the same time, it's kind of making the whole adventure worth while.

No comments: